Sunday, September 13, 2009

El piso (The flat) A.K.A. The apartment

Thursday, September 10th
As I already stated before, the people that I have had a chance meet here in Salamanca have been wonderful. My host counselor, Fernando, and his family have done so much for Brendan and me, but especially his daughter Eva. She is 23 years old, just like me, and she has done nothing but dedicate her time to making sure I am settling in well.

First off, many of you know that before leaving I had absolutely no idea where I was going to live once I got here... I had an option, but due to poor communication it didn't seem for sure. In any case, that option was a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 of Eva's friends from the university. That first morning, Eva met up with Brendan and me so I could go see the apartment. Everything worked out very well because it is where I am living now!! :)













It is a good price, has WiFi, is located close to my university and the downtown area, and it even has a beautiful view of the top of the cathedral and typical Spanish balconies!! :)

I think the best part about it is that I will be living with 2 Spanish girls :) Unfortunately, they are not here right now because their classes don't start until October and they at their parents houses.... but I can't wait to get to know them-- especially so they can tell me where everything is in the kitchen because I am completely lost-- ha ha!! Although I feel very lucky because Brendan has already left for Valladolid to find an apartment of his own (with a Canadian guy who is also going to be teaching English in Palencia) and it does not seem as though they are having quite as good of luck as me. Definitely missing him so much!!

1 comment: