Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So sorry it's been so long!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm so sorry it has been so long since the last time I updated my blog! I promise, I will try to update more often... life has just been very busy since I arrived in Spain. Not only am I already super busy with classes, but I have also had to open a bank account (very hard to do in a foreign country), obtain the equivalent of a Green Card here in Spain (also very difficult-- everything is such a bureaucracy), and I have already visited 2 Rotary Clubs in the area!! On top of all that, I still don't feel very settled in and I was sick at the beginning of this week with Acute Pharyngitis :( Yuck! I guess I just have to remind myself that I don't have to write about everything that is going on... just little updates with pictures and videos. So here's my first attempt, ha ha!!:

Just a little something neat that happened yesterday, I got to see the prince and princess of Spain!! They were here to attend the ceremony for the official beginning of the academic year at the university!! It was so exciting!! So now all I have left to see is Spain's President Zapatero because 3 years ago in Valencia I happened to be in a park when the King and Queen drove by in a car, waving to the crowd!! :)

In case you don't know what they look like, Prince Felipe is the tall guy with the beard and Princess Letizia is the small, pretty woman with long hair :) (Obviously they are the ones shaking hands with the people in the crowd.)

Hope you enjoy the video and I promise to give more updates soon! Now, I'm off to class, then I have to come back and write a paper that's due tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment