Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello to Rotary District 7120

Here is a little 4 minute video of me talking a little bit about Salamanca, my masters program and my experiences so far with Rotary. I will let you know, there are a few times when I lose my train of thought-- so I apologize, as I realize this is not the best speech I have ever made, ha ha. The truth is, I am surrounded by Spanish so much that I do find it hard to speak and think in English at times. Also, I will admit that it made me nervous speaking in English with so many people walking by me and staring (probably thinking.... hmmm... what is that girl doing?) ha ha! Anyways, I hope this video helps to give you a little bit of an idea of what my experience in Salamanca is like so far. Enjoy!

P.S. I had my first dream in Spanish two nights ago since being here in Salamanca (the last ones I had were 3 years ago when I was in Valencia! :) (I've always heard that once you start dreaming in a foreign language, you know that's when you've really got it!) So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment