Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life around the "piso" with 2 Spanish girls

I've been meaning to write this post for the longest time! I know many of you are probably curious to hear about my living situation, so here it finally is!! I live in a 3 bedroom apartment in a very centric part of the city with 2 Spanish girls, Esther and Ana (pictured below). I feel so fortunate to have been put in contact with them through my Rotary host counselor's daughter, Eva, because they are a pretty good match for me. (The only thing I wish was that Spain saw smoking cigarettes a little more like we do in the U.S.) In any case, we really get along so well! There are many times that we will eat meals together, we joke around a lot together, and whenever they have friends over they always invite me to hangout with them. Besides being good company, one of the best parts is that by living with two Spanish girls I am even more exposed to the Spanish language, so it has really been great in helping me improve my Spanish (both listening and speaking skills!)
Here is a picture of the three of us having lunch together in our kitchen one afternoon.

Above is a picture of Esther. She is from Santander (the north of Spain), 22 years old, Senior Psychology student at the private University of Salamanca
Above is a picture of Ana and the lunch she made us. She is from Badajoz (Extremadura), 22 years old, Senior Education student at the private University of Salamanca.
This is Bolita (which means "Little Ball") Ana's hamster who we play with a lot :)
A view of the closet in my bedroom, and of course, pictures of home taped on :)
Where I do all of my hard work and studying!
Rotary flags on display!
Refrigerator (a little small for 3 girls) and microwave
Washing machine and sink
NOTE: (Dishwashers are not common and neither are clothes dryers)--
2 things I REALLY REALLY miss!
Gas stove and oven
Our retro style kitchen :)
Bathroom
Gotta love the olive green tiles- ha ha!
Hallway
Entryway to the apartment (I really love the mirror- typical Spanish!)
Living Room- The girls really like classic Hollywood movies (as you can tell from the posters)
Living Room

No comments:

Post a Comment